Now try saying that five times fast. On second thought, only do that if you think it’s funny to say “poo” (can you tell I have a teenage boy?)
Anyway, potty humor aside, here is how I finished up my little project.
Once you have your flower placed onto the background it’s time to stitch it down. I could have used invisible thread, but I didn’t have any so I just used the thread I use for hand appliqué. Here is a picture of the stitch I’m using. I shrank the size down so that each time the needle jumps over it only grabs a few threads of the appliqué shape. Each machine is different so you might need to play around with this before you start on your project.
I have a Bernina and the foot I really like for this is the #20 foot. I move the needle over to the far right position and line the inside edge of the foot up with the appliqué.
Here is the completed flower
I added a little free motion stitching to the leaves to give it some interest
Now to make the Stable Stuff dissolve I dunk the whole thing in water
And lay it flat on a towel to dry
Once the potholder is dry I trim it to a 9” square
Now all you have to do is add the binding and it’s done. Here’s a shot of the back.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY and HAPPY SPRING
I'll be back Monday with some thread painting insights and maybe a thread painted bird.