Here’s a shot of the first mini project I designed with my Go! Baby. This one is done as a fusible appliqué block, don’t gasp, I like fusible too!
For this little block I used the Round Flower die, the Rose of Sharon die and the Heart die. I found that many of the techniques I use in my hand appliqué preparations came in very handy here. Since I haven’t done tons of fusible appliqué I thought I would use this fusible web since this is what Accuquilt has on their site.
I ironed onto the back side of my fabric.
To cut out the shapes all you have to do is place them on the die.
Cover with the cutting mat.
And run it through the Go Baby.
Once I had all my parts
I pre-assembled the flowers just like I do with my hand appliqués except it was a lot faster.
Now the tricky part…stitching. At first I thought I would use invisible thread. Hmmm…well…let’s just say that I think my machine HATES this thread and call it good. After that..um…experiment ..I decided that I would try some good ole zigzagging with regular Metler thread. Ah! much better.
I just loved the precision of the shapes in this method. The speed was pretty awesome too, I made the whole block in just about 1.5 hours. I’m not sure my machine appliqué skills are up to that of what I have seen some of you produce but overall I was pretty happy with the result.
Check back tomorrow for another fun project…this time it involves FELT!